Friday, March 24, 2006

Azumanga Daioh 3



I had plans to watch Azumanga long time ago already, but some reason i always ended up watching other animes. So was it worth all that waiting? Hard to say.

All characters have their own way to do things and others tend to disagree. Show is collection of short clips, same way as manga is. But somehow it doesn't work with marathon style, one episode once in a while and we have great series what to watch between longer sessions. That way i have finished Azumanga maybe...just right before next christmas.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rate Azumanga very highly but as quite a lot of the humour revolves around Japanese puns, it's not for everybody. As for having a truly unique and interesting character, you just can't beat Osaka. (;^_^)

3:31 AM  
Blogger ザイツェヴ said...

To each each's own. I could not pull myself away from Azumanga and marathoned it in about 3 days or about that. It was by far the biggest shock of my anime watching career.

Don't feel bad if you do not get it though. Not many people do. Once, I saw an article on Azumanga by an experienced anime reviewer who admitted being bored out his skull, until he had an epiphany at episode 23!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Anga said...

Now that I watched all episodes I have to say I liked it more than in the beginning. And yeah, episode 23 was brilliant.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home