Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
I had high expectations towards Hantsuki. Story seemed interesting and short length of the show promised fast pace.
First episode was indeed really good. There isn't many animes where characters illness get main focus and episode ended with touching moment in the hill above the town. After that it calmed down little, mainly showing comedy and characters's past. There was one weak episode, but other than that i don't have much to complain.
Animation keeped up it's quality through all episodes. Though it isn't most important thing with these kind of shows, but always good thing. Music served it's purpose without being particularly awesome.
My emotions were kind of rollercoaster. Rika was selfish and sometimes arrogant, but her struggle against illness and living of last moments was well done. I would probably do same thing in that situation. Yuichi irritated me little, reading porn magazines in front of her and later almost cheated Rika with another woman. Fortunately he did at least something worthwhile in the last episode.
End was really suprising. After all trouble setting up story i expected that either Yuichi or Rika die. Any anime that manage to suprise me with end deserve lot of bonus points, good endings are very rare.
If you like romance or drama you can't disappoint with this one. Such little number of episodes there isn't much to lose either.
Animation and character design: 9+
Music and voice actors: 8+
Lemon Angel Project characters songs
VAs of Lemon angel project have really suprised me. First they didn't sound so great, but now i feel like it's the strongest point of the show. I don't know if i got used to little different "style" or they improved their skills, maybe both.
It's shame that anime itself doesn't have much screen time for songs, that would make it even better. But anyway, overall good singles.
I was looking tokyo toshokan that i could find something to download. Noticed single named 'Hard Gay - Young Man'. I had no idea what kind of music that was, but since my bandwidth was empty, name sounded different and it was small torrent i decided to download it.
After listening song i was like wtf. Still didn't recognice song, but sounded very familiar. Finally remembered, it was from my childhood. When i was kid I used to watch football a lot and saw most homegames of local football team. And when hometeam made goal they played song very similar to this
. Ah, such good memories...
Rock singers, undines and goddesses
Finally checked properly what kind of shows spring season has.
1) Nana: This one looks very promising. As very good Paradise kiss, Nana is also based on manga created by Yazawa Ai. Art looks gorgeous. If this isn't good then there is something seriously wrong with this world.
2) Aria 2nd season: Aria was best of it's season and i expect nothing less from this. Peaceful atmosphere and music that makes you wish you would live in the Neo Venezia.
3) Ah! My Goddess 2nd season: AMG is interesting case. Manga's story doesn't go anywhere and isn't really my type of show. But Inoue Kikuko and Hisakawa Aya changed doomed to be boring series to decent. Two OVA episodes looked good. We will see if they can maintain same level with the 2nd season.
Shows that could be good:
1) Ohran Koko Host Club: Genres looks good even though school life isn't exactly my thing. If they don't ruin anything badly will watch.
2) The Third: Shakugan no Shana clone with scifi?
3) Ju Oh Sei: Something serious, hopefully good.
4) Shinigami no Ballad: Gentle and cute shinigami, could be funny.
I try to watch first episode of all series, but probably only follow 6-9.
Meine Liebe Wieder 1-3
Sometimes i wonder how important music is for anime. Is it something that alone say how good show is.
That's pretty much case with Meine liebe wieder. I really like op, ed and background music. But anime itself is boring. Even good music can't save that anymore. I drop this since spring season begin soon and lot of much better shows come. Definitely still download ost if/when that become available.
Sambomaster - Utsukushiki Ningen No Hibi PV
Katri, Girl of the Meadows 1
The King of Fighters Another Day 3
Shakugan no Shana: Thoughts
Beginning of the Shana was very good. Good animation, interesting story, very good music. Who could resist cute girl who's favourite food is melon bread.
I don't know what happened, but i am 4 episodes behind and not sure should i watch more.
But at least there is still Shana-tan. =)
Gackt - Redemption PV
This is theme song for new ps2 game FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Being huge fan of ff games i of course wait that game so much. I have to say song is awesome, listened it two days now. Video is very good too.Some pics for PV