Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pocket Monsters - Diamond and Pearl 1-3




Sigh, they surely managed to get annoying voice actors to Team Rocket. Maybe I get used to it later, but now they are far from the level of English dub. There is one new main character to create an illusion that this's something new, Hikari who got her first pokemon. She isn't anything special, your mandatory cute girl in the story.

The pokemon battles were great as always, though I have wonder why Ash (yes, he is Ash to me) is such a idiot to use Pikachu's thunder against other electric pokemon. Even noob trainer knows that's not going to work... Considering what I expect to see during next few weeks this's probably good enough to follow, I still want to see that
Charizard!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't pikachu be at, like, level 1 x 10^24 by now? I mean, after more than 400 eps he should be a tiny electric god. But no, a stupid Elekid gives him trouble and Team Rocket can still catch him with a stupid net or some crap like that. And man is Satoshi/Ash getting boring. I watched this just to see what it was like in moon-language, and it's a step up, but this show really still has its same, tired formula in motion.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Anga said...

Yeah, Pikachu should be almost like the best pokemon ever now. It's kind of annoying that battles go how the plot demands, not how it would go in game. But I guess that's too much to ask since the target audience probably don't care.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home