Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nana 32



Whoa, that was so indescribably awesome I don't know powerful enough words to explain everything, but I will try my best.


I was literally laughing with teary eyes when there were some excellent comedy scenes after heavy drama, it's kind of funny state to be. You are forced to think sad things and at same time physically only thing you can do is laugh. Even if those are opposite emotions it's still possible to feel both. Btw Reira, I'm sure your fans love you no matter what kind of songs you make. At least I do. =)

The way plot goes now is almost too good. I hope for my own good that it doesn't go much further because then Nana starts to effect my real life too. Anime can be scary sometimes, still 18 episodes left...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was quite heartened by this episode, because the melodramatic turn of events introduced at the commencement of the second season was something of a letdown for me. The show is definitely at its best when Hachiko is painfully self-reflective. Also, I love how the characters' behavior often conceal entirely unconscious motivations. It's quite sophisticated from a narrative standpoint, and there was a bit of both of these first season virtues in episode 32. My Nana-faith is restored, in other words -- not that there was much chance of it being lost altogether. XD

11:20 PM  
Blogger Anga said...

You know, at first I read self-destructive instead of reflective. But in the end, that's probably where to her actions lead.

Yeah, subtle motives make it so much more enjoyable. After this episode I realized one thing which I haven't thought much, Nana actually had selfish reason to keep Hachi close to her. Just shows how skillfully the series manipulated me, it took few blatant lines from Nobu and herself to notice real motives.

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, at first I read self-destructive instead of reflective. But in the end, that's probably where to her actions lead.

Self-destructive is an angle that I hadn't dared consider until you mentioned it here. I think my affection for Hachiko has blinded me somewhat. But what makes your observation even more interesting is that self-reflectiveness (that is, a struggle to understand one's own real motives) and self-destructiveness are not necessarily mutually exclusive traits. The two together would give the story remarkable depth.


Just shows how skillfully the series manipulated me, it took few blatant lines from Nobu and herself to notice real motives.

Ha! That was precisely the scene to which I was alluding. It totally won me back.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! This will be one of the most Melodramatic events in the series.
The end of Nobu and Hachi. uuuu!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home