Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Honey & Clover II 8

Spoilers will follow so don't read if you haven't seen the episode.

Have you ever experienced sudden burst of emotions from previous shows in anime because of one little thing that triggered it? I was just going to post how second season of Honey&clover has been emotionally disappointing only to be proved how wrong I was.


I remembered some very painful memories from certain heart breaker anime when watching this episode. I'm sure sound of ambulance will tell everything necessary so I won't mention name of it. The title was already sign as something not so expected would happen, but it didn't really make it less effective. One thing on other hand bothered me more than anything else. Why the hell they showed so much comedy there? For god sake, you revealed probably the most shocking event yet in terms of drama and regardless of that other characters just continue their life happily. Yes, this series knows how to show positive things and do it well, but what I saw now was possibly the worst timed comedy relief ever. Without that this could have been one of best tearjerker episodes in anime. Argh, so frustrating.


As for Hagu, I didn't know about her suicidal intentions at all. Sure, there were signs of unhappiness, but suicidal thoughts were far beyond me. Because of that everything felt more dramatic and really deserved better presentation than this. But things won't change no matter how much I rant so that's about it. Very sad episode and if the end has similar ones I really hope they let the drama be drama and don't water it down.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this point... we've pretty much run out of the funny - excepting Mayama's stalkerism, if you consider it funny. In this point of the manga... it's mostly drama. Hagu's wounded, and the two guys who are rivals for her hand - well, that'll wrap up shortly too.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Anga said...

At least the way they showed Mayama here, yes I don't take his stalking that seriously.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still, the way he talked about locks and then laughed like a madman... that HAS to worry you a bit. :)

Especially given Rika's shiver of fear at that point.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Anga said...

Maybe it's also because I don't really care about Rika that much (YamadaxMayama FTW!), but yes he laughed like a madman. That's exactly the reason why it felt so comical.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home