Saturday, July 01, 2006

Binbou Shimai Monogatari 1







It seems I lied at the other blog, this isn't completely happy slice of life series. Sorry about that. =) Having seen manga a bit I had mixed feelings about this, but fortunately first episode cleared those.

The plot isn't most complex one, two poor sisters living without parents. Both seem to blush constantly which reminded me about another great slice of life anime, Kamichu. I expected that BSM is more like "Yay, we are poor, but who cares!"-type of show, but there was few bittersweet moments. Though they were well executed and both sisters are cute anyway so I don't complain. Overall great episode, it looks like we got nice 10 episodes long series. The Japanese also sounded easy enough for me so I can probably watch raw episodes.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok. I completely forgive you. :D

I need to grab episode one now, though. Damn this habit!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Anga said...

Yes, of course you have to watch it right now, you expected something else? =)

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks cool. It reminds me of Minami-ke. Have you got your hands on that?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Anga said...

I think I have read manga a bit, but not enough to say if it's good or bad. But there is apparently anime coming so I probably wait that.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought that it was pretty boring compared to other animes out there.
the blushes are fixated on their faces. i hate it when anime directors/authors do that.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Anga said...

Well, not everyone like those, but I don't have any problems with blushing.

These kind of shows have their place, I don't think anyone can marathon whole BSM in one day. Sappy sweetness works best when one watch it once in while and episode or two at time, it's like eating pure sugar.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just saw this ----

its deffinately really sweet but you should watch it slowly -- its very sappy. the mother is a little beet eerie. bsides that i love kyo and asu. C:

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home